.

Just for the heck of it...  

Posted by Laya in , ,

Sometimes I like to translate my favorite songs, poems or literary excerpts into another language just for the heck of it. Just to see if I can do it. Here's a sample translation of one of my favorite Cebuano songs:

Usahay

Usahay, nagadamgo ako
nga ikaw ug ako nagkahigugmaay
ug nganong damguhon ko ikaw
damguhon sa kanunay
sa akong kamingaw

usahay, nagamahay ako
nganong nabuhi pa ning kalibutan
ug nganong gitiaw-tiawan
ang gugma ko kanimo
kanimo da...

Hiligaynon version:

Kung Kaisa

Kung kaisa, nagadamgo ako
Nga ikaw kag ako nagahigugmaay
Kay ngaa nga madamguhan ko ikaw
Pirme ko madamguhan
Sa akon kamingaw

Kung kaisa, nagamahay ako
Ngaa nabuhi pa sini nga kalibutan
Kay ngaa gintiaw-tiawan
Ang gugma ko sa imo
Sa imo, ah.

Tagalog version:

Minsan

Minsan, nangangarap ako
na ikaw at ako'y nagmamahalan
at bakit pinapangarap kita
pinapangarap lagi
sa aking pag-iisa

Minsan, nanghihinayang ako
bakit nabuhay pa sa mundong ito
at bakit pa ako niloko
gayong ang pag-ibig ko'y sa iyo
sa iyo lamang.


English version:

Sometimes

Sometimes, I dream
that you and I love each other
and why do I dream of you
always dream of you
when I am lonely?

Sometimes, I regret
why I ever lived on this earth
and why was I taken for a fool
when my love is for you
for you, alone.

This entry was posted at Wednesday, April 02, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 people cared

Post a Comment

Quality affordable condos in Manila

Own an affordable Ayala Land condominium in the heart of Manila. It's located beside SM San Lazaro, a five-minute ride away from the University Belt and UST, and a stone's throw from LRT Tayuman Station.

Now pre-selling units in Tower 5.
Studio (22.4 - 23.49 sq. m.) - P1.6M - P1.8M
1BR (39.36 - 40.73 sq. m.) - P2.9M - P3.3M
2BR (45.49 sq.m.) - P3.5M - P3.8M
Loft (39.85 - 66.83 sq. m.) - P3.2M - P5.1M

For inquiries please contact Eva at
(plus-six-three)-nine-two-one-six-one-two-four-five-three-three
or email mhie(underscore)bate22(at)yahoo(dot)com



AddThis Social Bookmark Button
MeFindome.org: Homeless Cats & Dogs for Adoption