.

Strong women  

Posted by Laya in

I must have to say I admire Katrina Halili, actually.

She's not my favorite actress, although she has been portraying strong, if at times sorely misguided, women in her TV roles lately. We all wanted to pull Angelika Santibanez' hair, after all, but she had chutzpah. I don't approve of celebs "going sexy" either, or the way they cater to men's excuses to indulge their libidos, or the way they just make some women think, in spite of themselves, that they have to conform to such standards of beauty or be forever considered under par.

But boy, do I ever admire her chutzpah. Her cheek. Her way of saying, yes, I slept with someone, so what? No matter what you may think of me, or say of me, I loved him. It was wrong, but it doesn't automatically make me a whore, and it was no excuse for him to treat me like this. I am a human being, goddammit, like the rest of you, and I'll bet none of you can act like they have clean hands either. So respect me like one.

I sure hope it was not another role she's playing! Other women would cry. Others before her, faced with the same situation, effaced themselves, figuratively and literally, thinking that they had nothing left. Some killed themselves, believing that they no longer had value. Some faded away into the woodwork.

Katrina Halili stood up and fought. Although I never liked her much, I have to admire her for that.

Thank you, Kat.

This entry was posted at Friday, June 05, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 people cared

Post a Comment

Quality affordable condos in Manila

Own an affordable Ayala Land condominium in the heart of Manila. It's located beside SM San Lazaro, a five-minute ride away from the University Belt and UST, and a stone's throw from LRT Tayuman Station.

Now pre-selling units in Tower 5.
Studio (22.4 - 23.49 sq. m.) - P1.6M - P1.8M
1BR (39.36 - 40.73 sq. m.) - P2.9M - P3.3M
2BR (45.49 sq.m.) - P3.5M - P3.8M
Loft (39.85 - 66.83 sq. m.) - P3.2M - P5.1M

For inquiries please contact Eva at
(plus-six-three)-nine-two-one-six-one-two-four-five-three-three
or email mhie(underscore)bate22(at)yahoo(dot)com



AddThis Social Bookmark Button
MeFindome.org: Homeless Cats & Dogs for Adoption