.

WTF Globe SuperSurf50 sucks...at least you fixed it. I hope.  

Posted by Laya in ,

Dear Globe,

WTF. I was saving up to get a Sun Cellular broadband modem because it has unlimited one day internet for P50. With that, at least, I wouldn't worry so much over dropped signals and having to pay P5 each time I connected even if the connection sucked. With you I was paying P5 each time I connected whether or not I spent the full 15 minutes or the signal dropped and disconnected me after one minute. Do you know how much that adds up when you have something to do on the internet and your connection sucks?




Yes, you say it's only P20 for an hour. That's if the connection doesn't fluctuate and disconnect and is fast. Sometimes I get charged as much as P50 within an hour because of your bad connection. 10kpbs, you have got to be kidding me. With your connection, I am always better off paying P25 for two hours at an internet cafe... I pay only P5 more, get twice the time, get more done, and don't worry about bad connections. Your service really really sucks, and your people just mouth platitudes and reassurances. I don't even believe them anymore. I don't even make customer complaints anymore. Nothing comes of it.

The problem is that someone like me, who only rents a room here in Manila, can't really afford DSL. I can't even imagine the billing nightmare that would present each time I moved to another boarding house. But I blog, and my job also necessitates an internet connection in case of emergencies and me needing to check in on work while at home, or out of town. So I got your broadband... cheap, portable and versatile. Only it is costing me more than I ever bargained for. Don't get me wrong, there are good days. The wee hours of the mornings on weekends, for example, when no one else is up. Then your signal shoots to the full 3 mbps. The only problem is, I have to wait until that time in order to surf properly. You mean to say, I shouldn't sleep anymore just to take advantage of that good signal?

I was happy when SuperSurf50 came out. Ah, at last, I said, this will cut down on my expenses. I am already spending around P50 a day on internet anyway. So I registered. It was fun, the first time I registered, even though I really only spent the amount of time I'd have normally spent P50 for. At least I didn't need to count the number of times I had to click the connect button again.


Then, when I wanted to re-register after, I thought, 24 hours had passed and my Supersurf50 would have expired, I received a message saying that I was still registered to Supersurf50. What, I thought. Glitch. Delay. I waited some time before registering again. And got the same message. I finally did a balance inquiry of the Supersurf50. No surprise,

"Sorry, you are not registered to Globe Tattoo SUPERSURF. For 1day unlimited internet surfing, txt SUPERSURF50 to 8888, P50. For 5days, txt SUPERSURF220 to 8888, P220. Shld maintain P5 to use the svc. For help, txt SUPERSURF HELP to 8888 for FREE."

The problem is, that was last night. Until now I am still getting the same problem. And your signal right now is dismal... 15 kbps, you must seriously be kidding me. I do not want to connect to that, with my last P70. It'd eat up my remaining balance in no time. But you are not letting me register to SuperSurf50 either.

I've been a Globe user for over five years now and do feel some loyalty towards you, which is why I bought your Globe Tattoo, but I keep thinking I should have gone and bought Sun Cellular broadband instead of getting up false hopes, because your internet is running me into the ground. 


P.S. I did the screenies and composed this blog post offline. Even then, just uploading the screenies, copy-pasting the text, saving and publishing it took me more than 15 minutes!  That's already P10 off my remaining P70.

Update: (May 5, 2010) 
Well, finally, Globe. I've been able to register to Supersurf50 without a hitch.  Though signal still fluctuates, I'm not so worried about my connection anymore. Thank you for fixing that. It gives me hope.

This entry was posted at Saturday, May 01, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

13 people cared

Yes I am also having the same problem with Supersurf50. We are very exploited by Globe. Kudos to your courage for standing up for this!

May 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
May 5, 2010 at 12:17 AM

It's my first time to use Globe Tattoo I tried SUPERSURF50 it sucks man, I can't register... I'm previously a SUN user... I think I will switch back to SUN internet... no fluctuating signals it is not hard to register though

May 13, 2010 at 9:39 AM

i know it sucks when you pay for something you have not used much. and for the slow connection, i think its due to fact that there a lot of people accessing the net for free. it t0ok s0 much bandwidth where people paying and people exploiting tricks experiences the same. i quite observed it..

May 20, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Problems I encountered:
I have to stop the service first before having a new session. Another is that it took me a week before having another supersurf50 session again.

The service is really buggy, actually. And the messages are very misleading. It syays that in order to stop the service, send "Supersurf off" to 8888 but no, it was actually "Supersurf stop" which I luckilly guessed after an hour.

May 28, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Thanks for the comments. This was originally a venting post; I had no idea it'd get attention.

I noticed that registering to SuperSurf50 seems to depend on the time. When I register during what seems to be peak hours, like late afternoon or past 9:00 pm, good luck to getting in. I have more luck with registering in the morning or early evening. And I haven't had any success in registering around 11:00 pm to 2:00 am, idk if this is reset time or what.

June 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM

HINDI TOTOONG UNLIMITED YANG SUPERSURF50. PADADALHAN KA NG TXT NA GANITO.


Number: 8888
Content:
Globe Advisory: Your account has reached 1GB in usage today. Subject to Globe Fair Use Policy, your internet service has been temporarily deactivated and will resume tomorrow. This promo is intended for moderate use. For heavy browsing, please upgrade to our Tattoo Postpaid plans. Thank you.

September 30, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Globe Supersurf50 is NOT UNLIMITED!!!

Contrary to its claim that Globe Supersurf50 is an unlimited service, the service is actually LIMITED. Do not be fooled. Your internet connection will stop downloading at 1gb and you will receive the message below (see image attachment). The message says: “Globe Advisory: Your account has reached 1GB in usage today. Subject to Globe Fair Use Policy, your internet service has been temporarily deactivated and will resume tomorrow. This promo is intended for moderate use. For heavy browsing, please upgrade to out Tattoo Postpaid plans.”

So, its not unlimited after all. It is fraudulent. Unlimited only for moderate users. Unlimited only for those they know has very low limits of usage. Incongruous. Not exactly the concept of a buffet. It's like a buffet where you are limited to just a few number of viands - not exactly the eat-all-you-can- until-you-surrender concept and stop eating voluntarily. Here, the service volunteers for you to stop.

Fair Use Policy? What about those who do not even reach a moderate usage. Do they extend the expiry. Globe should instead have a Fair CHARGE Policy . . .and TRUTH IN ADVERTISING POLICY. Nowhere in all the promo will you see, hear, touch or smell about th1GB limit of usage.

To all who are considering subscribing to Supersurf50, THINK AGAIN.

October 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Globe Supersurf50 is NOT UNLIMITED!!!

Contrary to its claim that Globe Supersurf50 is an unlimited service, the service is actually LIMITED. Do not be fooled. Your internet connection will stop downloading at 1gb and you will receive the message below (see image attachment). The message says: “Globe Advisory: Your account has reached 1GB in usage today. Subject to Globe Fair Use Policy, your internet service has been temporarily deactivated and will resume tomorrow. This promo is intended for moderate use. For heavy browsing, please upgrade to out Tattoo Postpaid plans.”

So, its not unlimited after all. It is fraudulent. Unlimited only for moderate users. Unlimited only for those they know has very low limits of usage. Incongruous. Not exactly the concept of a buffet. It's like a buffet where you are limited to just a few number of viands - not exactly the eat-all-you-can- until-you-surrender concept and stop eating voluntarily. Here, the service volunteers for you to stop.

Fair Use Policy? What about those who do not even reach a moderate usage. Do they extend the expiry. Globe should instead have a Fair CHARGE Policy . . .and TRUTH IN ADVERTISING POLICY. Nowhere in all the promo will you see, hear, touch or smell about th1GB limit of usage.

To all who are considering subscribing to Supersurf50, THINK AGAIN.

October 1, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Yeah! Think again! Why pay 50 pesos if you can surf the internet for free. I just got this trick from somewhere. But hell yes! It really worked! Just google pd-proxy.

October 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM

fuck tattoo GLOBE BROADBAND...cheater GLOBE TELECOM company with NTC..sucks your cheat supersurf50... eat your deck GLOBE stealer load..i..

February 25, 2011 at 2:31 PM

GLOBE Sucks...always having a problem + crappy services Total Failure when it comes to Internet

March 18, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I had the same problem. Finally found that "supersurf stop" (and later "supersurf yes" to confirm the stop) clears the subscription so you can resubscribe.

It's still a bug though, in May 2011. When I called support they couldn't even acknowledge that the bug existed or that anyone else had reported it. Nor could they even look at my phone number's subscription status to see if I was actually subscribed or not.

Hell, they don't even have caller ID (which is why support always asks you for your number, they don't have caller ID so can't just look it up).

May 24, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Post a Comment

Quality affordable condos in Manila

Own an affordable Ayala Land condominium in the heart of Manila. It's located beside SM San Lazaro, a five-minute ride away from the University Belt and UST, and a stone's throw from LRT Tayuman Station.

Now pre-selling units in Tower 5.
Studio (22.4 - 23.49 sq. m.) - P1.6M - P1.8M
1BR (39.36 - 40.73 sq. m.) - P2.9M - P3.3M
2BR (45.49 sq.m.) - P3.5M - P3.8M
Loft (39.85 - 66.83 sq. m.) - P3.2M - P5.1M

For inquiries please contact Eva at
(plus-six-three)-nine-two-one-six-one-two-four-five-three-three
or email mhie(underscore)bate22(at)yahoo(dot)com



AddThis Social Bookmark Button
MeFindome.org: Homeless Cats & Dogs for Adoption